Life has been crazy here. Since we last posted, I had my last week of school. Driving at the end of that week to Baltimore with April and her cute kids, we had so much fun in the car. Way more so than I expected. and I surprised Joey by getting there a few days early, which he totally loved, and was SHOCKED that I could keep such a secret. Well, two days later he went back to Utah for his brother's graduation, (Congratulations Aaron! What a great accomplishment.) I stayed in Baltimore and started working as the office assistant there. Joey got back, worked the rest of the week. Long days, late start, he felt rejected at every door. Sunday came, and it was a much needed refreshing break. We saw this WAY cool recovery farm for horses, it made me really happy, and the drive to church is BEAUTIFUL in Baltimore. Monday came and Joey just wasn't up for knocking on another door. After two months and only getting just a very few sales, it wasn't worth it for him anymore. He decided to come back to Utah and try to get a job here instead. It scared the crap out of me to think that we were going to up and change our plans AGAIN, but I could see his point, it wasn't fair for him to feel like this all the time. And quite honestly, our apartment in Provo hadn't sold yet and so we had a place to go back to, just had to move all our stuff into it again. So, we rented a car, (which being under 25 is more expensive than it should be) and headed back the way I had come just the week before.
So there you go, while I was on my trip to Baltimore these are the things that we did: we went to DC for a few hours, got to walk the major sites, ate a $14 hot dog (well, I guess that was two hot dogs and two drinks, but still!) we also went to Medieval Times, this place where we watched a 'show' of jousting and other knight events while we ate like we were in those times, no utensils at all, worked and cleaned, and went grocery shopping.
Now we are back in Utah, moved in to our apartment (AGAIN) and I'm looking for a summer job. I'm sick of filling out applications, but still doing so since I haven't found a job yet. We are lucky Joey was able to land such a great job working for Larry H Miller at the Collision Center, I love his title (Painter's Apprentice). It is full-time now, hours: 12-8pm M-F, so not too bad, and he likes it, which is good. Feels like he is learning valuable skills, and is doing something useful. We are also lucky that we still have Alpine School District for the fall, but it would be nice to have something now, and to supplement what we will get in the fall. Until then, we are trying to fill our time with good things. We put together a kick-ball game a few Wednesdays ago, have talked with Danielle and Joanna and Teri and Spring and April, and am going to make it through the Book of Mormon again before the end of the summer. We have enjoyed BBQs with our families and playing boccie ball and boating and fireworks, and it really has been a good holiday. This summer we are also writing thank you notes, and getting some stuff done for work at AFHS. There you go, my life in a nut shell. We spent lots of that first week back with Joey's family because Grandpa was in town and we played Canasta, Cribbage and some other classic games with him. My parents were in Scotland and Holland at the time so Father's Day was spent with the Finley's as well. Hilarie is now married as well as a few other of our friends (from Joey's mission) so we enjoy making plans and getting together with them. We did get callings last week again, we are both on the Activities Day Committee, and will see what that entails.
So, a new chapter in our life begins, and we will see what this one has to bring.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment