Sunday, May 2, 2010

When We Grow Up

When we grow up I want to have a house that is just as fun as the homes that we grew up in. I want a place that is fun to have parties at, that is big, that has novelties at it (like a treehouse, or hammock, or cart rides, or puppies, etc.), and that you always feel welcome at. I want a home that my kids love and want to be there with their friends at. I want a place that invites the spirit, has pictures and quotes, and expectations that those who come in know what our standards are.

When we grow up I want to be known as making good bread, and sharing that goodness with those around me. When we grow up I want us to be known as a welcoming family, that goes above and beyond the necessary, but that is inviting and welcoming to those who don't always have as much as we do. When we grow up, I want to be known as a helpful family. I want to be known as always giving and doing good.

I guess I have some things that I can start to work on now... time is passing us by each day.

1 comment:

  1. I love your desires for when you grow up. Just so you know, you have been doing some of those things as long as I've known you.

    ReplyDelete