Thursday, March 4, 2010

Some Perks to Being a Chemistry Teacher

I really think that I have the best job at my school. Quite literally. Yes, there are those students that get on your nerves that you just want to get even with, make s snide comment back at, or throw life right back at all the while knowing that you have to be the adult and hold it all in, but there are SO many good things about my job. Let me list of few of them:
  • I get to teach concepts that have practical applications to life: why we add salt to the road during the winter, why water is a liquid at room temperature, while so many other chemicals are gaseous, how batteries work, about making observations and how that is important to our lives, and simple math skills that I promise will benefit each one of my students at some point in their life whether they realize it or not.
  • I get to do WAY awesome labs during school - like what other teacher gets to make ice cream and pass it off as learning in their class? - who else gets to say to their students go discover it yourself, and then their students really do learn what factors affect solvation, or whatever other topic you are teaching that day.
  • I get to interact with some of the brightest and the best students in the whole wide world, they are so smart and they work so hard to learn the material.
  • I get help every single day from the best people ever: Robert - he is a first year teacher with me and we are going through this teaching experience together, we work great together and make our lessons/tests/labs better by working together. Kaylyn - she is the copy center lady, and always saves me, makes it so that I can have the handouts I need to teach. She also is a GREAT listener and wonderful person to talk to. She is like the mom I need at the school, just someone to take me under her wings, and even if she can't take away the problems, is always there to listen. Haylee, and Michelle - I think that these two teachers are wonderful examples of me of the reality of teaching and still having passion and making it good. See, just a few ot eh wonderful people that I work with.
  • No school tomorrow! Wahoo! A day to recuperate, I love it.

  • My Husband said I am done. So, I guess I will say goodnight. Thanks for tuning in.

No comments:

Post a Comment