I went over to their house at 11:30ish and made orange rolls, and apple crisp, and then earlier in the week I had already made cranberry sauce. The girls had made dessert the night before, which was very good might I add, and Jeff made very good turkey, stuffing, gravy, and potatoes. Tiffany made yummy yams, and then Dixie made deviled eggs. We ate to our hearts content and there were still PLENTY of leftovers. Similar to the Smith family we went around the table and said things that we were grateful for. I was grateful that Grandma Lori was at their house, she was great company too. After dinner we cleaned up and took a walk around the neighborhood with the two dogs, it was a great afternoon activity. I enjoy being outside and really think that I need to take the opportunity to get out more than once a month. Oh well, the life of being a teacher and getting to school before the sun rises and leaving after it sets. It will get better. Then Vanessa and Bret (cousins) came over and we chit-chatted and had dessert only to rush them out to head off to our movie - The Blind Side. It was a great movie, but it had two intermissions.... or at least technical difficulties. But true to form I still got into (reacted to) the movie - I really need to do better at that, I don't think the Finley's are going to want to go to a movie with me again. Oh well, I guess if I am entering their family they have got to get used to me and my quirks sometime. I decided that I am very lucky to be entering into this new family. They have been very welcoming to me, and I am glad to be a part of their traditions in the years to come.
sorry about the quality of the pictures, but it is the best I have.....
the food sure looks good though :) YUM!
the food sure looks good though :) YUM!
No comments:
Post a Comment