emotions are always so hard to control and predict.............
ok, this is going to be random but here goes:
first off, I thought about last year when Joey came home from his mission, I was so anxious to see him. But I didn't know if it was because I was excited to see him, or because I was scared of how he was going to react, or what.
And then seeing him, all of the old emotions came back. All I wanted to do was be with him, forever. I'm so lucky that it has worked out so well. I am the luckiest person. Joey is the best to me. He is so caring, and always wants the best for me. He listens and talks to me about his own concerns. It is good.
But then I was also thinking about my sister's recent blog post about how as life is thrown at her she just seems to be crying all the time. And I thought, I totally understand. Change is hard. Work is hard. Life is hard. And you cry for all of those reasons. But then, life is good, and wonderful and happy, and you cry for those moments too. And then I saw a WAY cute picture of her two kids getting ready for their first day of school this year, and I just started crying: they are growing up so fast! Lorali, her second is now in kindergarten, and her oldest, Ethan, is headed into first grade, just lots of emotions. End of summer, beginning of something new, unsure about the future.
Then I was thinking about the conversations I have been having with my friends online today and how very different situations we are all in, and yet all similar. How there are SO many emotions that are up, down, side to side and how they change the present and in some cases the future too. How one simple conversation can cut to the core without the other knowing and speak to you in a way that you never would have thought. So yeah, LOTS of emotions.
and yes, you try to control and predict how you (and others) are going to react, how you are going to respond, but that is hard. I'm just grateful I have the gospel to point me in the right direction. To have this wonderful standard to line up next to.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment